Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hawaiian/Southern Dinner

It was my night to cook so I made a traditional southern dish, but I changed it up a bit and chose to have my main ingredient be the State food of Hawaii - SPAM!!!! Oh, how I love Spam. It is a great food choice for any time of day. Breakfast - Spam and eggs. Lunch - Spamwich. Dinner - Spam Jambalaya. See? The perfect food. Here is a pic of the Jambalaya. .


and nothing goes with a little Spam Jambalaya better than some chocolate cake. So we had some of that for dessert.


All in all it was a pretty good night.

***This post is dedicated to two native Hawaiians - Clara and Henry Larsen***


"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"


1 comment:

  1. John loves Spam and that looks really good! I've always tried to stick to my guns and avoid Spam. Someone once said it stands for Stuff Posing As Meat (and I have to agree). My Mom used to brown it in a sauce pan and add BBQ sauce. I would stuff it in my glass and sneak it to the garbage can when no one was looking! Thats funny that it is the state food of Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete