Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yep it has been awhile....

This post will mostly be words rather than pictures. A lot has happen since the last time blogged anything. Lets see where to begin.... In November I got a new job with the The City of Mesa I'm working for their Fleet Service department, I work kind of crappy hours (2:30pm to 10:30pm) but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be, maybe if I was single it would be horrible no social life what so ever. Thanksgiving we went to Utah and kind of had a "family reunion" with Tom's family. It was a lot of fun seeing everyone and meeting new family members. It is always fun to be with family for the holidays. Of course I didn't take any pictures oh well.

December came and gone, Tom and I don't really have any traditions during this time, we don't even buy each other gifts. I know it sounds odd, but we both have jobs and hey if i want something  I will go buy it myself. Plus we don't have any kids so it's kind of boring one might say. The most exciting part of December was Tom graduating from college as a Manufacturing Engineer!!!! I was super proud of him, he didn't walk, I know what you are thinking he didn't walk!!!!! Tom is a odd one like that, he didn't even walk at his high school reunion. I married him so I guess will just see what other odd things he will decide to do or NOT do, keeps things interesting in our marriage. Christmas we went to my parent, well not on Christmas day because I had to work on Christmas eve, so we went the weekend before. It was a fast trip, we left Saturday morning and came home Sunday night, it was sad not to stay but that's what happens when you have to work. Oh yeah did I tell you that Tom got a job, he is working at Pacific Scientific as an Engineer. (basically he deals with explosive) The last thing that happen in December my cousin got married at the Mesa, AZ temple, it was nice wedding.


Now January! This month has been crazy we are finally out of the apartments!!!! Woohoo!!! (I don't know if you can tell I'm super happy) We decided to move into a house. We are renting a cute 2 story house, still live in AZ. Anybody can come and visit anytime they want, our place is always open. I was telling Tom the other day who would have thought we would live in AZ, I thought I would always live in CA my whole life. I guess God had a different plan for us. So the whole month we have been packing and packing and packing and lifting and more lifting. I have to say it has been very tiresome, but we are all done and moved in. So no more saving money for school anymore it is time to save money for a house our own house. Now you are all caught up with our lives. Like I said pretty boring lately, we are hoping now that things have slowed down we are planing on doing a few adventures this year, knock off a few National Parks off our list. I figure it's late but I hope everyone has a awesome 2013!



3 comments:

  1. AHHHH I LOVE IT! I am SO happy for you- what a fun house! Congrats to Tom, too. That's a big deal. I've been thinking of you two a lot lately and I miss my friend!!! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update! There are some exciting things happening for you guys!! Congrats on all the fun stuff. We'll have to plan a trip down to visit you guys sometime. Maybe after the summer? But only if you are up for some craziness! If you're interested you are welcome to come visit us in SC whenever too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Tom that you guys are going to SC, I said wouldn't that be so much fun to take a road trip and go visit them. We would love for you guys to come visit, we could have a lot of fun.

      Delete